Reference Point Ltd (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, together with our membership terms and conditions (Membership Terms) for our online software and database services known as "SkillSight" (Services), sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), We are the data controller for the data you enter, information about your use of the system and any correspondence we enter into with you.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
In connection with our Services we shall collect and process data about Cardholders (meaning the holders of a CSCS Smartcard or any other smartcard or virtual card that is compatible with our Services) which you and other members provide to us. The terms on which we will collect and process such cardholder data are set out in clauses 9 and 16.4.3 of our Membership Terms.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregated information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, use of our Services and overall system use and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site and Services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site and Services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you (both your personal data and any data you give us about Cardholders) will be stored within the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating within the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of your access to the Services and the processing of your payment details. Data you give us about Cardholders may also be processed by other members to our Services (or equivalent services we offer in another country) in accordance with the Membership Terms. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this storing and processing.
By submitting data relating to a Cardholder, you agree to
- ensure that all relevant third parties have been informed of, and have given their explicit and informed consent to, such use, processing, and transfer as required by all applicable data protection legislation.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do what we reasonably can to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site and Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts (including for Services) entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site or Services, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
We use information held about Cardholders in the manner set out in the Membership Terms.
We may combine information held about you and/or Cardholders with other information we collect about you and/or Cardholders from other sources. We may use the combined information for the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
We may use disclose and make available information you give us about Cardholders to third parties in accordance with clause 9 of the Membership Terms.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and give you the right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.